DR. DAVID S. WEISS, Ph.D., ICD. D, CHRE
President & CEO Weiss International Ltd.
Author, Strategist, Consultant, Educator
Dr. David Weiss is President & CEO of Weiss International Ltd. David and his team of organizational consultants lead innovative consulting and training projects that generate effective strategy, innovation, leadership, and HR solutions for Boards, executives and senior leaders throughout North America and Europe. David also is a highly sought after keynote speaker at conferences throughout the world.
Some of his most recent projects include:
- Facilitating executive strategic planning and team building
- Developing innovative thinking and leaders of innovation
- Conducting leadership, customer and membership surveys
- Enhancing employee engagement and team alignment
- Assisting HR / Finance / IT to become strategically focused
Previously the Chief Innovation Officer in a major multinational consulting firm, David is currently leading Weiss International Ltd and he is guest faculty at the executive programs of the Rotman School of Management, Schulich School of Business, and the DeGroote School of Management.
David received his Doctorate from the University of Toronto and he has three Masters degrees in Education, Psychology and Philosophy. In addition to his organizational consulting assignments, David is a member of the Advisory Board of the Canadian Society for Training and Development and a Certified Board Director (ICD.D) with the Institute of Corporate Directors. He also has been honoured internationally by a number of organizations including:
- Recipient of the "Distinguished Lecturer" certificate from the Government of Canada
- Recipient of the “HR Leadership Award” by the Asia-Pacific HR Congress
- Recipient of the “HR Distinction Award” by the Israel HR Association
- Honoured as the first "Fellow" of the Canadian Society of Training and Development
- Honoured as a lifetime "Fellow" Canadian Human Resources Professional by the HRPA
- Honoured “Lifetime Member” of “Global Directory of Who’s Who” and “Presidential Who’s Who”
- Past-President of the Organizational Psychology Section of Ontario Psychological Association
David has written 50 journal and trade articles including "Leadership Capacity: The New Organizational Capability," abd “Innovative Team Learning,” David has written six business books:
- Leadership-Driven HR (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
- Innovative Intelligence (John Wiley & Sons, 2011, co-authored)
- Leadership Solutions (Jossey-Bass, 2007, co-authored)
- The Leadership Gap (John Wiley & Sons, 2005, co-authored)
- High Performance HR (John Wiley & Sons, 2000)
- Beyond the Walls of Conflict (McGraw Hill, 1996).
For more information and downloads of over 30 of Dr. David Weiss’ articles, see www.weissinternational.ca under the books-articles tab and follow David's tweets at @DrDavidWeiss